Wednesday, August 25, 2010

So now what?

J. D. SalingerImage via WikipediaI'm jealous of people who seem to read books that just stay with them. The books become something to turn back to, rely on. It's hard for me to feel this way after reading a book. While I'm reading, I'm living inside someone else's world. I notice the details that only J.D. Salinger would point out, and the cold feels colder and the wet wetter in his eyes. Sure, I can think back at the books I've read and remember the worlds. They are always more sensational, full of senses, than my own. But once I've put the book down, I'm back in my world, with a bowl of cold pasta and a cat by my side.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Books are supposed to make you escape your daily life....at least that's how I see it and feel it....so I understand what you mean - but then it's back to reality....:| but some of the story stays with you I'm sure....and then there's always the next book ;)
    Take care! Bisous!
    C

    ReplyDelete